Sunday, November 11, 2007

It's Not About You!

God said to me today,
"You know, Cindy, this whole thing about losing your job and the spiritual journey I've had you travel these past 17 months isn't all about you...it's about David as well. This isn't all about you."

Gasp! God's voice was audible and as plain...whew. Tears immediately came to my eyes. It took my breath away. Even when I was in my car driving home after church thinking about what He had said...I, again, felt this physical phenomena...my breath was taken from me. I don't know how to explain it.

Lesson learned?

The road you're traveling is not necessarily all about you.

Open your eyes (spiritual eyes). Look at your husband, your children, your sister, your parents...this isn't all about you.

When was the last time God took your breath away?

No comments: